14:15:16:17,server2,100.96.22.199,managerare valid entries.
- In the
omnia/examplesfolder, a mapping_host_file.csv template is provided which can be used for DHCP configuration. The header in the template file must not be deleted before saving the file. It is recommended to provide this optional file as it allows IP assignments provided by Omnia to be persistent across control plane reboots.
- The Hostname should not contain the following characters: , (comma), . (period) or _ (underscore). However, the domain name is allowed commas and periods.
- The Hostname cannot start or end with a hyphen (-).
- No upper case characters are allowed in the hostname.
- The hostname cannot start with a number.
nmcli connection. In the event of a mismatch, edit the file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<nic name>using vi editor.
dnf install epel-release -y
dnf install python3 -y
Warning: Omnia does not support Ansible versions greater than 6.0.0.
` pip3.6 install –upgrade pip
pip3.8 install –upgrade pip
python3.6 -m pip install ansible
python3.8 -m pip install ansible==5.10.0`
After the installation is complete, run
ansible --version to verify if the installation is successful. In the output, ensure that the executable location path is present in the PATH variable by running
If executable location path is not present, update the path by running
export PATH=$PATH:<executable location>\.
ansible -- version
config file = None
configured module search path = ['/root/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules']
ansible python module location = /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ansible
executable location = /usr/local/bin/ansible
python version = 3.6.8 (default, Aug 24 2020, 17:57:11) [GCC 8.3.1 20191121 (Red Hat 8.3.1-5)]
The executable location is
/usr/local/bin/ansible. Update the path by running the following command:
- To deploy Omnia, Python 3.6 provides bindings to system tools such as RPM, DNF, and SELinux. As versions greater than 3.6 do not provide these bindings to system tools, ensure that you install Python 3.6 with dnf.
- SELinux will not be disabled and will be in permissive mode when control plane is executing.
- If Ansible version 2.9 or later is installed, ensure it is uninstalled before installing a newer version of Ansible. Run the following commands to uninstall Ansible before upgrading to newer version.
pip uninstall ansible
pip uninstall ansible-base (if ansible 2.9 is installed)
pip uninstall ansible-core(if ansible 2.10 > version is installed)
control_plane.yml. Not only does Omnia not enable RHEL subscription on the control plane, package installation may fail if RHEL subscription is disabled.
dnf install epel-release -y(Only if Rocky is in use on the control plane)
dnf install git -y
- After the installation of the Omnia appliance, changing the control plane is not supported. If you need to change the control plane, you must redeploy the entire cluster.
- If there are errors while executing any of the Ansible playbook commands, then re-run the commands.
/control_plane/input_parametersand security parameters under
security_vars.ymlbased on the provided Input Parameter Guide