Ansible playbook-based tools for deploying Slurm and Kubernetes clusters for High Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and High-Performance Data Analytics
View the Project on GitHub dellhpc/omnia
Prerequisites to install the Omnia appliance
Ensure that the following prequisites are met before installing the Omnia appliance:
- On the management node, install Ansible and Git using the following commands:
yum install epel-release -y
yum install ansible-2.9.18 git -y
Note: Ansible must be installed using yum. If Ansible is installed using pip3, re-install it using the yum command again.
- Ensure a stable Internet connection is available on management node and target nodes.
- CentOS 7.9 2009 is installed on the management node.
- To provision the bare metal servers, go to http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/7/isos/x86_64/ and download the CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2009 ISO file.
- For DHCP configuration, you can provide a mapping file. The provided details must be in the format: MAC, Hostname, IP. For example,
xx:xx:4B:C5:xx:52,validation02,172.17.0.82 are valid entries.
Note: A template for mapping file is present in the
mapping_file.csv. The header in the template file must not be deleted before saving the file.
Note: Ensure that duplicate values are not provided for MAC, Hostname, and IP in the mapping file. The Hostname should not contain the following characters: , (comma), . (period), and _ (underscore).
- Connect one of the Ethernet cards on the management node to the HPC switch and the other ethernet card connected to the global network.
- If SELinux is not disabled on the management node, disable it from
/etc/sysconfig/selinux and restart the management node.
- The default mode of PXE is UEFI, and the BIOS Legacy Mode is not supported.
- The default boot order for the bare metal servers must be PXE.
- Configuration of RAID is not part of Omnia. If bare metal servers have RAID controller installed then it is mandatory to create VIRTUAL DISK.
Example system designs
Omnia can configure systems which use Ethernet or Infiniband-based fabric to connect the compute servers.
Omnia assumes that servers are already connected to the network and have access to the internet.
Possible network configurations include: